Service & Repairs
No matter what type of boiler your household has our team of experts can quickly diagnose and repair your boiler no matter which brand. Using quality components and parts, all work is covered with a minimum 1 year labour and parts guarantee.
- Gas & LPG Boilers
- Gas & LPG Cookers
- Gas & LPG Fires
- Gas & LPG Heaters
- Gas pipework
- Living flame fireplaces
- Wall heaters
Annual boiler servicing is a wise precaution, we can ensure that your current system is operating to peak performance, ensure against Carbon Monoxide leaks and prolong its lifespan. Regular maintenance can also help prevent a system breakdown which can be expensive and never welcome.
This is an outline of the service procedures we do.
1. Every service we undertake has a visual check to comply to building, electrical and gas safe regulations.
2. We then do a pre-service check where we fire the boiler up, check basic operations and identify faults if any.
3. All main components will be checked and must be clean and free from damage. The main components we check are burners, injectors, heat exchangers, condensing syphon and fan. Also as part of our routine check we inspect pipework and electrical connections.
4. We use our flue gas analyser to check the gas valve and make sure we have complete combustion.
5. Our final check is to analyse the boiler with our flue gas analyser to make sure it is running to manufactures specification.
6. Should we find a fault with any of our checks then we will advice you if there are any additional costs for the repair.
7. Finally we will issue a benchmark Gas safety certficate and a print out from our analyser to confirm the readings.
Our standard service charge for a condensing boiler is £60 including VAT, excluding any parts should they be required. Older non-condensing boilers are subject to a higher service charge and before a price can be agreed we would need to know the make, model, age, and any existing problems prior to booking.
The importance of regular Inspections and Certifications
Jay Law Limited takes gas safety seriously and all of our Gas Safe Registered engineers are qualified to undertake gas safety inspections.
In 1996 the government passed a law that requires all landlords, who rent either part or all of a property, to have all household gas appliances and pipes checked every 12 months with a Landlord gas safety certificate to this effect.
What does a Landlord Gas Safety Inspection include?
- Check appliance for gas tightness
- Check standing and working pressures if test points are available
- Check burner pressure/gas rate against manufacturers guidelines
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation
- Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion
- Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets (where appropriate)
- Investigate any evidence on unsafe operation and report to the person responsible.
If you wish to book a gas safety inspection please contact us.